Friday, September 6, 2013

Questions, etc

I've worked a tad bit with Photoshop, have a basic knowledge of general office tools, decent experience with video editing software, etc.

My major (?) is video imaging, and my major class would be any of the classes that relate to that program.

I hope to gain a knowledge of using Photoshop so that I could apply it to some of the different productions that I currently share.

My favorite artist is Raymond Loewy, an artist, designer and engineer that brought about an art-deco streamlining revolution to various railroads in the early to mid 1900's, designing the streamlined features of engines such as the Pennsylvania Railroad's T-1 (pre-WWII) or the luxurious interior designs of the Pennsy's Broadway Limited.

There once was a woman named Phoebe Snow
Who rode the rails dressed in pure white
Not a cinder or ash stained her  elegant dress
as she rode over the Road of Anthracite

--Adaptation of poetry written to advertise the Delaware Lackawanna & Western's famous train, "The Phoebe Snow"

Below is one of my photos of the Historic Canadian National #3254, my favorite steam locomotive, on the same line that the Phoebe Snow ran on over. Due to Federal Railway Administration rules on the operation of steam locomotives under FRA rule must be taken out of service every 15 years or 1,472 days (whichever comes first), she was taken out of service, and this picture was taken of her on her last run. She now sits in the roundhouse at Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, PA.





No comments:

Post a Comment